Saturday, April 9, 2016

Spending Time with God

Life can get away from you so quickly. Before you have even realized what has happened you look over something you started and see that it has been two years since there was any activity. Prayerfully, I will be changing all that and begin to visit this blog page on a regular basis.

I have recently discovered bible art journals. I wasn't sure what to make of this form of worship at first especially since I have started to reconnect with God on a personal level. I know that God has shown me the talented side of my nature but sometimes having any talent can be intimidating simply because one is unsure of what all to do with it. I personally have been feeling intimidated by what is in my head and not being able to either create on paper or write it out the way I would like.

A very difficult place to be in to say the least. In this particular picture, I just went with the flow. God wants me to trust Him at all times and that includes asking Him for help with my creative side. Ha, how easy is that? Not very easy at all. In fact, it is a major challenge due to the fact I like being in control.

Thinking one is in control and knowing the reality can be a hard hitting truth that no one wants to face. I am doing a topical bible study on Trusting God and the first reading was Psalm 20: 1-9. This scripture has David offering encouragement as well as offering a petition to God. He first states may the Lord answer you in your time of need but later in the Psalm David says he knows the Lord saves His anointed. How awesome is that?

It helps to send out an encouraging word to others ad remind them to whom they belong. I would definitely say that my prayer would be that God answers your prayers and that God is there for you in the time of trouble.

I looking forward to getting back into the swing of things by doing more crafty things along side of my bible journal experience. Have a wonderful and blessed night or day.

No comments:

Post a Comment